5 Things: Groundhog Day 2013 is Saturday, Melrose Open Houses & More
Check out the Melrose Patch 5 Things column for Friday, Feb. 1.
Here is the Melrose Patch 5 Things column for Friday, Feb. 1:
1. Partly sunny: It is expected to be partly sunny all day Fridaym, with temperatures reaching a high of about 36 and a low of 18 at night, according to the National Weather Service's forecast for Melrose. Winds will be 16-18 miles per hour (mph) during the day and 11-16 mph in the evening, according to the forecast.
2. In case you missed it: Find out how much a Laurel Street home recently sold for in Melrose in our latest Sold column.
3. Don't forget: Groundhog Day is Saturday, Feb. 2. It will be the 127th annual celebration of Groundhog Day, and "according to legend, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If he does not see his shadow, there will be an early spring," reads the Groundhog Day website.
4. Open houses: Check back with Melrose Patch at noon on Friday to see a sampling of open houses in our latest House Hunt column.
5. Food pantry: The Servant's Heart Food Pantry is expected to be open from 10-11:30 a.m. Friday at the Faith Evangelical Church, 200 Franklin St. The food pantry helps more than 200 families in the Melrose region by providing emergency food to people in need.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.