5 Things: Top 50 Earners in Melrose in 2012, Black Ice & More
Check out the Melrose Patch 5 Things column for Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Here is the Melrose Patch 5 Things column for Wednesday, Feb. 20:
1. In case you missed it: Check out the list of the top 50 earners in Melrose in 2012.
2. Black ice warning: Be careful during the morning commute Wednesday, as there is expected to be some black ice on the roads, according to the National Weather Service's Special Weather Statement. "...Some Icy Spots possible for the morning commute...Last evening's rain combined with temperatures falling below freezing early (Wednesday) morning may result in some icy spots on untreated roadways. Pedestrians should also be alert for patches of black ice developing on walkways early (Wednesday) morning," reads the statement. During the day, it is expected to be partly sunny with temperatures peaking around 36 before becoming mosty cloudy with temperatures dipping to a low of about 20, according to NWS's forecast for Melrose.
4. Youth group: Children in grades 7-12 are invited to have dinner together, study the Bible and go on retreats at the First Baptist Church Youth Group meeting at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
5. Meetings: Here's a look at the commission meetings slated for Wednesday, according to the city website:
- Melrose Historic District Commission, 6:15 p.m., Mayor's Conference Room, City Hall
- Melrose Traffic Commission, 5:30 p.m., Aldermanic Chamber, City Hall
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.