1) You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley: Mostly sunny today, with a high near 38. West wind between 9 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Mostly clear, with a low around 27. West wind between 6 and 9 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) We salute you: Amanda Kersey has served as Melrose Patch's Community Producer since October, but alas, nothing lasts forever. As we try out a different model—there's something new for us—Amanda's time as Community Producer has come to an end, so I'd like to take a moment to publicly thank her for helping over the past four months to make Melrose Patch even more vibrant, interactive and more of a 21st century town square than ever before. (And helping your grateful editor maintain his sanity.) Amanda will continue to write posts for Melrose Patch, so you'll continue to see her byline. In the meantime, if you have any qustions about
- Adding photos and videos for everyone to see
- Posting Announcements about your child's accomplishments or a successful event recently held by your organization.
... just shoot me an email at email@example.com and I'll try to help you out. Also, be sure to check the schedule that runs in 5 Things each morning, as we'll be mixing things up once again.
3) Hand in hand through their parklife: The Melrose Park Commission meets tonight at 7 p.m.
4) When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him, by nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact—no tradebacks: The Franklin Early Childhood Center PTO meets tonight at 7 p.m.
5) What Now What Next Where To: Here's our lineup of weekly columns that run each Monday on Melrose Patch:
- Frugal Family: Each Monday, we'll ask you to tell us deals you've spotted in Melrose stores (or nearby). Now everyone can share the deals they've seen and check back later in the week before heading out shopping.
- Patch Picks Question: We ask for your picks and suggestions on varying topics for a column that will run on Thursday.
- Where Is It in Melrose? Our weekly mystery photo runs every Monday at 3 p.m. and asks you to guess where the photo was taken in Melrose. Guess correctly and you can win a prize.
As always, check our calendar for the full slate of events—and add your own!