Get Melrose Patch each morning in your inbox with our daily newsletter!
1) Easy breezy: Sunny, with a high near 39. North wind between 6 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Tonight, clear with a low around 26. Northwest wind between 5 and 9 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) The next President to lead the way, well, it just might be yourself one day; Then the press'll distort everything you say, so jump in your plane and fly away: Today is Presidents Day (Washington's Birthday on the federal level), so it's a holiday, including for your friends at Melrose Patch. Here's a list of what's open and closed today.
3) Nothing to do, it's up to you: If your kids are already saying this vacation week that "there's nothing to dooooo," check back on Melrose Patch today at 9 a.m. for a roundup of school vacation week events (and add more that you know about).
4) I hear Lady Gaga loooves yoga: B Yoga Center is holding a drop-in yoga class for 7-10 year olds today at 3:45 p.m. to benefit Dana-Farber.
5) Monday, Monday: Here's our lineup of weekly columns that run each Monday on Melrose Patch:
- Frugal Family: Each Monday, we'll ask you to tell us deals you've spotted in Melrose stores (or nearby). Now everyone can share the deals they've seen and check back later in the week before heading out shopping.
- Patch Picks Question: We ask for your picks and suggestions on varying topics for a column that will run on Thursday.
- Where Is It in Melrose? Our weekly mystery photo runs every Monday at 3 p.m. and asks you to guess where the photo was taken in Melrose. Guess correctly and you can win a prize.
As always, check our calendar for the full slate of events—and add your own!