[UPDATE] 5 Things You Need To Know Today—Monday, July 23
Bedtime concert for toddlers at the library; aldermen take up proposed water and sewer rate increases.
1) He's heating up! A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 90. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tonight, a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) You gotta move: Tonight at 6:30 p.m., Music, Movement and Mother Goose returns to the Melrose Public Library. The Children’s Room offers special family bedtime concerts designed for toddlers and their parents featuring music specialist Dara VanRemoortel. Children are encouraged to come in their PJs. No registration required.
3) The faucet keeps a-drippin' and I can't sleep—bleep bloop: The aldermen's Finance and Appropriations Committees meet tonight starting at 7:30 p.m., with the proposed water and sewer rate increases on the latter's agenda.
4) Please know that I consider you my dearest and closest Internet friends. I'll never forget this time we spent together: Your editor has an announcement to make later today, probably around noon. UPDATE: We're holding off today on any announcements, but stay tuned.
5) How can Monday be all right ... : Here's our lineup of weekly columns that run each Monday on Melrose Patch:
- You Ask, Patch Answers: Each Monday, we'll take a question submitted by a reader and try to get the answers you're looking for.
- Where Is It in Melrose? Our weekly mystery photo runs every Monday at 3 p.m. and asks you to guess where the photo was taken in Melrose. Guess correctly and you can win a prize.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.