5 Things You Need To Know Today—Monday, June 11
'Snoopy' musical performances today; youth theater auditions; Park Commission meets.
1) The water's clear and innocent: Partly sunny today, with a high near 74. Southeast wind between 7 and 11 mph. Tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 55. South wind between 7 and 9 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) He's probably getting ready to take off in the Sopwith Camel on the next dawn patrol: The public is invited to two performances of the musical “SNOOPY!!!” at 3 and 8 p.m. today MVMMS. The production is in honor of Courtney Elyse Beauchesne.
3) You've got to take direction! You've got to have discipline! You've got to have respect for your director! Auditions for Wakefield Repertory Youth Theatre's The Prince and the Pauper will be held at Wakefield-Lynnfield United Methodist Church at 273 Vernon St. in Wakefield today and Wednesday from 4-7 p.m., with callbacks on Thursday, June 14 at 4 p.m. All students are encouraged to audition. No prior theater experience is necessary. Any student who auditions and wishes to participate in the production will be cast.
4) Last night I took a walk in the dark to a place called Palisades Park: The Melrose Park Commission meets tonight at 7 p.m.
5) From Monday on, my cares are over: Here's our lineup of weekly columns that run each Monday on Melrose Patch:
- You Ask, Patch Answers: Each Monday, we'll take a question submitted by a reader and try to get the answers you're looking for.
- Where Is It in Melrose? Our weekly mystery photo runs every Monday at 3 p.m. and asks you to guess where the photo was taken in Melrose. Guess correctly and you can win a prize.