5 Things You Need To Know Today—Thursday, July 19
Adrian Gonzalez comes to Melrose; aldermen seek answers on Ward 2 pumping station emergency generator; farmers' market open today.
1) Who get lost when the sun goes down: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 60. North wind 5 to 8 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) It must be a homer, Simpson, because the pitcher just went "D'OH!" Red Sox first basemen Adrian Gonzalez—who had a home run and 4 RBIs last night—comes to Melrose today for The Playstation Adrian Gonzalez Baseball Clinic. A-Gon will be at Melrose High School directing the clinic, providing instruction and give lectures about baseball and more.
3) Oh that would be me. I've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it: The aldermen's Health, Education and Welfare Committee and Public Works Committee meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. On the latter's agenda: a request from two aldermen members for info on the status of the emergency generator at the Ward 2 pumping station and steps taken to mitigate flooding and sewage back-ups in the Windsor Street area.
4) This is that fresh, that fresh feeling: The Sally Frank's Farmers' Market is open today at Bowden Park from 1-7 p.m.
5) And the girls go willing spinning on Jersey Thursday: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Thursday on Melrose Patch:
- Sold: Find out if you have new neighbors. Our roundup of five home sales in Melrose this past week posts at noon—Realtors, add your own recent sales to our gallery!
- Whiz Kids of the Week: Each week, we highlight a Melrose kid (or kids) who has been nominated for some recognition.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.