5 Things You Need To Know Today—Thursday, May 31
DPW Day at the City Yard; Friends of the Fells annual meeting; 5th-to-6th Grade Parent Orientation Night.
1) The sun rising, dangling there, golden and fair, in the sky: Sunny, with a high near 76. Northwest wind between 7 and 11 mph. Mostly clear, with a low around 56. North wind between 10 and 13 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) You're like boys with toys: It's DPW Day again today at the City Yard. Melrose residents are also invited to bring their children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, ages 8 or younger, to join in the event between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. This year’s DPW Day will have a rodeo theme, and students will have the opportunity to win a sheriff’s badge by answering questions about the environment.
3) So nature deals with us, and takes away: The Friends of Fells holds its annual meeting tonight from 7-9 p.m. in the Oak Grove Village community center. The meeting will feature a slide presentation by Friends of Fells and Medford Historical Society: How the Lantern Slides of George Davenport helped Create the Fells. The event is free and refreshments will be served.
- Sold: Find out if you have new neighbors. Our roundup of five home sales in Melrose this past week posts at noon—Realtors, add your own recent sales to our gallery!
- Whiz Kids of the Week: Each week, we highlight a Melrose kid (or kids) who has been nominated for some recognition.