5 Things You Need To Know Today—Monday, June 18
Water and sewer rates vote; Mount Hood Golf Course proposals; how to get breaking news.
1) There's a trapdoor in the sun: Patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy through mid-morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 69. Southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph. Tonight, a slight chance of showers. Increasing clouds, with a low around 57. South wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) We're laying a pipeline: The aldermen meet tonight and they'll be recovening a public hearing on next year's water and sewer rates. Those rates were recommended by the aldermen's Appropriations Committee, so there's a good chance they'll take a final vote on them tonight.
3) Come again some other day: The Park Commission meeting originally scheduled for tonight has been rescheduled to Wednesday at 8 a.m.
4) Somehow the vital connection is made: You might have noticed we had some breaking news last week, but we often break news through other channels before we even get something posted on the site. So to stay on top of breaking news, Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and to sign-up for our breaking news alert emails. You can also sign-up at that last link for our daily email newsletter and get the latest headlines delivered to your inbox early each morning.
5) Another day, some other way: Here's our lineup of weekly columns that run each Monday on Melrose Patch:
- You Ask, Patch Answers: Each Monday, we'll take a question submitted by a reader and try to get the answers you're looking for.
- Where Is It in Melrose? Our weekly mystery photo runs every Monday at 3 p.m. and asks you to guess where the photo was taken in Melrose. Guess correctly and you can win a prize.