5 Things You Need To Know Today—Tuesday, May 1
Lacrosse teams fundraise for Coaches Vs. Cancer; National Geographic Giant North American map on display.
1) The drops were the size of your hands and face, the worms come out to see what's up: Showers. Patchy fog after 2pm. High near 51. Southeast wind between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. A chance of showers, mainly before 1am. Patchy fog before 11pm, then Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 44. East wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Health, defiance, gayety, self-esteem, curiosity; Allons! from all formules! The Melrose High School boys and girls lacrosse teams are playing Winchester boys and girls teams back-to-back today at Fred Green Field starting at 4 p.m. as part of a fundraising event for Coaches Vs. Cancer.
3) Map Of The Problematique: The National Geographic Giant North American map is on display at the Roosevelt School gym starting today.
4) Qua resurget ex favilla: Two Christian groups meet each Tuesday in Melrose. Melrose Highlands Congregational Church has as weekly Bible study at 11 a.m. in the Church library, lower level, where they study the scripture for the coming Sunday's worship. Also, Seven Mile Road holds a weekly Gospel Community from 7-9 p.m.
5) Isn't this where we came in? Here's our repeating lineup of weekly features that run each Tuesday on Melrose Patch:
- Police Log: I usually get the log on Mondays from the Melrose Police Department and bring you a recap on Tuesdays.
- Poll Results: Every Wednesday we run a poll about a timely issue on Melrose Patch, and the following Tuesday, we'll bring you the results and invite you to continue the conversation.