1) Well dark clouds are rollin' in: A slight chance of rain showers before 9 a.m., then a slight chance of rain showers after 3 p.m.. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tonight, a slight chance of showers before 9 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. North wind between 3 and 5 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Ah yeah, can you see Dems? Out on the porch. Potato wave: (Make me fries.) Democrats in Melrose will hold a caucus tonight at 7 p.m. at the Beebe Estate to elect delegates to the Massachusetts Democratic Party’s 2012 nominating convention.
3) A walk in the woods will do: Join Friends of the Fells walk leader Boot Boutwell today at 9:15 a.m. in a search of the Long Pond area for a variety of evergreens as well as other easily recognizable plants of winter. Hike meets at the Long Pond parking lot.
5) We have so much time and so little to see—wait a minute! Strike that. Reverse it: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Wednesday on Melrose Patch:
- NEW DAY AND TIME—Poll of the Week: We'll run a poll every Wednesday asking you to weigh in with a quick click on the topic du jour. We'll compile the answers into an article next Tuesday.
- Get Out: Looking for something to do this weekend? Our roundup of stuff to do this weekend in Melrose now runs on Wednesdays at 3 p.m. (Giving you more time in advance of Thursday night events.)