1) There's a springtime ahead: Sunny, with a high near 53. Southwest wind between 10 and 14 mph. Tonight, mostly clear, with a low around 46. Southwest wind between 11 and 14 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Take a little sunshine, shine it all around: Mayor Rob Dolan and the Melrose YMCA are once again sponsoring Shine the Light, a special program, open to the public tonight at 7 p.m., about learning to prevent, detect, and respond to child sexual abuse. Attendance is free, but pre-registration is required—register online at http://www.melroseymca.org/shine/.
3) I'm a wife in watercolors: Melrose Arts is sponsoring its monthly free art demonstration tonight at the Milano Senior Center starting at 7 p.m. Danvers watercolorist and teacher Karen Nastuk will demonstrate her technique in watercolor.
4) I know men are delicate origami creatures who need women to unfold them: The Milano Center is holding a beginner's origami class today at 11 a.m. Seniors can learn this beautiful art while making new friends and enjoying good conversation. The class is limited to 10, so sign up at the reception desk. Cost $2 per session. All materials will be provided.
5) It's not a perfect plan, but it's the one we've got: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Wednesday on Melrose Patch:
- Poll of the Week: We'll run a poll every Wednesday asking you to weigh in with a quick click on the topic du jour. We'll compile the answers into an article next Tuesday.
- Get Out: Looking for something to do this weekend? Our roundup of stuff to do this weekend in Melrose now runs on Wednesdays at 3 p.m. (Giving you more time in advance of Thursday night events.)