Five Things: Columbus Day 2012 is Monday
Check out the Five Things column for Monday, Oct. 8.
Here are five things to know for Monday, Oct. 8:
1. Holiday is here: Monday is Columbus Day 2012. Find out what is open and closed in Melrose for the holiday.
2. Sunny skies: Monday is expected to be mostly sunny, with highs in the upper 50s during the day and lows in the upper 40s at night, according to the forecast for Melrose on the National Weather Service website.
3. New recipe: Looking for something new to cook up? Give Sheila Duggan Chabot's recipe for French onion soup a try.
4. Traffic alerts: Want traffic updates or gas prices in the Stoneham region? Take a gander at our Commute section.
5. Advertise with Patch: Interested in advertising on Melrose Patch? Contact Ad Manager Joseph Mastrorio at Joseph.Mastrorio@patch.com.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.