1. Library event: The Summer Reading Club is having an ice cream party at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday on the lawn at Melrose Public Library, according to the library website. The club is making their summer reading donation to the Make-a-Wish Foundation®. Registration for the event ended Aug. 10. In the event of inclement weather, a rain date of Aug. 17 has been scheduled.
2. Education jobs: Looking to get a teacher gig? There are several job postings on the Melrose Public Schools website.
3. Taking flight: Check out the Masters of Flight: Birds of Prey program at Stone Zoo Wednesday to see several types of birds, including the bald eagle, bateleur eagle, Egyptian vulture, military macaw, spectacled owl and white-necked raven, according to the Zoo New England website. The event is free when you purchase a regular zoo ticket. Showtimes are at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
4. Advertise with Patch: Are you a business owner looking to spread the word about your business? If so, contact Melrose Patch Ad Manager Joseph Mastrorio at Joseph.Mastrorio@patch.com for details about the various ad packages we offer.
5. In case you missed it: Dogs cannot be brought to Mt. Hood Park during golf season, after the city's Park Commission approved the ban Monday night. Let us know how you feel about the Park Commission's decision to ban dogs from the park by posting a comment here.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.