Five Things: Sunny Skies in the Forecast for Melrose Monday
Check out the Five Things column for Monday, Sept. 10.
1. Clear skies: It's expected to be mostly sunny with a high of about 71 during the day, and mostly clear skies with a low of 51 in the evening Monday, according to the National Weather Service's forecast for Melrose.
2. Melrose meetings: Here's a look at the Melrose municipal sessions slated for Monday:
- Board of Assessors, 11 a.m., Melrose Assessor's Office
- Park Commission, 7 p.m., Mt. Hood Clubhouse, 100 Slayton Road
- Historical Commission, 7 p.m., Melrose Public Library in History and Genealogy Room
- Lincoln School Site Council, 5:30 p.m., Lincoln School Conference Room
3. Friends of the Fells event: As part of the Fells Arts Month, the Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation is slated to host a Round the Middlesex Fells event at 7 p.m. Monday at the Beebe Estate, 235 West Foster St., according to an event listing. Filmmaker Bob Ghika and Mike Ryan, Fells historian and executive director of the Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation, will discuss the driving force between the creation of the Fells and the reservation’s historical significance, the listing noted.
4. Post a review: Did you have a good experience at a Stoneham business? If so, search our directory and post a positive review and rank the business on a 1-5 star scale.
5. Get cooking: Try out Sheila Duggan Chabot's recipe for roasted romas.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.