Five Things: Take a Trip to Melrose Sally Frank's Farmers' Market
Check out the Good Morning Melrose column for Aug. 16.
1. Angry birds: Check out the Masters of Flight: Birds of Prey program at Stone Zoo Wednesday to see several types of birds, including the bald eagle, bateleur eagle, Egyptian vulture, military macaw, spectacled owl and white-necked raven, according to the Zoo New England website. The event is free when you purchase a regular zoo ticket. Showtimes are at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
2. Get your produce: The Melrose Sally Frank's Farmers' Market is open Thursday from 1-7 p.m.
5. Wanted: Melrose photos: Have you captured some great photos in Melrose that you'd like to share with our readers? Upload them to our Pics & Clips section, and don't forget to provide the photographer's name and a full-sentence caption.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.