Most Viewed Articles of 2011: Nos. 20-11
Our year in review continues with the 20th through 11th most viewed articles on Melrose Patch this year.
As 2011 wraps up, Melrose Patch is counting down the most viewed articles on the site this year. Today, we continue with the 20th through 11th most viewed articles on Melrose Patch in 2011.
- Most Viewed Articles of 2011: No. 30-21
- Most Viewed Articles of 2011: No. 10-1 (coming Friday!)
20) Melrose Father Running His First Boston Marathon For His Son: APRIL 12—Sargent Street resident Chris Hancock was running the 115th Boston Marathon to raise money and awareness for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, an ailment that his nine-year-old son William was diagnosed with four years ago.
19) Column: Melrose's 1-182nd Infantry Regiment Heads Off to War: MARCH 25—Cancel magazine subscriptions. Hire landscaper. Arrange snow removal. These are some things people do when heading out on an extended vacation. For members of the 1-182nd Infantry Regiment based out of the Main Street Armory, they are just a few of the hundreds of items the soldiers are completing before deploying to Afghanistan for a year long tour.
18) Spice Thai Kitchen to Open a Second Melrose Location: FEB. 11—Only ten months after Spice Thai Kitchen II opened its first Melrose location on Franklin Street, the restaurant's owners planned to open a second location, this time right in downtown Melrose.
17) Melrose Man Arrested in Prostitution Sting: MAY 13—A 35-year-old Melrose man was arrested in Boston for allegedly soliciting an undercover Boston Police officer posing as a prostitute, according to the Boston Police Department.
16) Melrose Teen Ejected From Car in Saturday Night I-95 Rollover: FEB. 28—On a Saturday evening, a car driven by a Malden teen rolled over on I-95 South near Foxborough injuring all four occupants including a 19-year-old Melrose woman, who was ejected from the car and seriously injured.
15) 2011 Fourth of July Fireworks Displays Near Melrose: JUNE 27—Melrose Patch brought you a useful wrap-up of fireworks displays in the area for Independence Day.
14) Fire Strikes Green Street Office Building Saturday Night [VIDEO]: OCT. 8—Melrose firefighters battled what was at least a two-alarm fire on a Saturday night at 150 Green St., an office building at the corner of Howard Street.
13) PHOTOS: Car Lands on Side After Crash at Bellevue and Porter: MAY 9—A car struck a tree and landed on its side at Bellevue Avenue and Porter Street, requiring Melrose firefighters to cut open the roof of the car to extricate the driver.
12) Stick Your Camera Out the Window: Hurricane Irene: AUG. 28—A gallery of photos uploaded by Melrose Patch users and taken by Melrose Patch staff of the damage caused by Irene.
11) Swat Team Arrests Glen Street Man Without Incident: FEB. 15—Melrose Police called in a regional swat team to assist in the arrest of a Glen Street man, after police learned that the man had at least two guns inside his home.