Most Viewed Articles of 2011: Nos. 30-21
This week, Melrose Patch's year in review will count down the most viewed articles this past year.
As 2011 wraps up, Melrose Patch is counting down the most viewed articles on the site this year. Today, we start with the 30th through 21st most viewed articles on Melrose Patch in 2011.
- Most Viewed Articles of 2011: No. 20-11 (coming tomorrow!)
- Most Viewed Articles of 2011: No. 10-1 (coming Friday!)
30) Melrose Cyclist On the Road to Recovery After Spinal Cord Injury: MAY 26—In March, when Ryan DeRoche entered Spaulding Rehab for treatment of a spinal cord injury, his family had to limit visitors. Ryan’s mother, Diane, turned away well-wishers with reminders that Ryan had to rest; each day, she knew, would be filled with physical and occupational therapy, consultations with doctors, and the downtime her son would need after a day of exertion.
29) PHOTOS: 31st Annual Victorian Fair: SEPT. 12—Melrosians and people from around the region gathered up and down Main Street to celebrate the 31st Annual Victorian Fair put on by Melrose Chamber of Commerce. Melrose Patch brought you a gallery of photos uploaded by your neighbors and taken by Melrose Patch.
28) Melrose Middle School Assistant Principal Steps Down: JULY 20—Marty Stanton, assistant principal at Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School, informed the school department that he will be leaving that role before the new school year starts, Superintendent Joe Casey said.
27) POLL: What Grade Would You Give Superintendent Casey's Tenure? SEPT. 29—Melrose Schools Superintendent Joe Casey announced his plans to retire at the end of the current school year and Melrose Patch, which broke the news on Twitter and on Facebook, immediately heard reactions from the public. It seemed like a good chance for some feedback from the public, so we asked you to grade Casey's tenure.
26) Police Log: Five Domestic Assault Arrests, Overdose, Shoplifting: FEB. 15—Melrose Police arrested five people on domestic assault charges, including one arrest where a swat team was called in on Saturday—due to the presence of firearms in a home—to assist taking a man into custody. In none of the five cases was an ambulance called or anyone required medical treatment at the scene.
25) Melrose Named One of 'Best Places to Live' In Boston Magazine: FEB. 26—Melrose was named one of the “Best Places to Live” by Boston magazine as part of the “Starting Out” category in the March 2011 issue. The magazine breaks down the “best places to live” based on the stage of one’s life.
24) The Best Hair Salons in Melrose: JULY 14—For our weekly Patch Picks column, we asked: what's your favorite hair salon in Melrose? Our Facebook Page buzzed with activity on this question. Here's what you told us.
23) Two Men Arrested Monday Night On Aggravated Rape Charges: FEB. 1—Melrose Police arrested two men at a Melrose apartment on charges of aggravated rape, after a woman reported being raped the previous night.
22) PHOTOS: Melrose High School Junior Prom 2011: MAY 23—Melrose High School juniors danced the night away at the junior prom at the Burlington Marriott.
21) High Pressure Gas Line Ruptured on Lebanon Street: SEPT. 27—Melrose Police and Fire responded to a high pressure natural gas line that was struck at Lebanon Street and Laurel Street on a Tuesday afternoon, which leaked for about a half an hour before being shut off.