The Season Is Here: Where to Get Flu Shots in Melrose
Here's where to get an influenza vaccine, how to recognize symptoms and what to know about treatment if you get sick.
Flu season is coming early in parts of the United States: This time last year, flu cases were lower in Massachusetts than they are now, according to data on Google's Flu Trends. (Melrose-specific data is not available on Flu Trends.)
Overall in Massachusetts, activity is considered high now, while it was considered moderate at this time in 2011, according to Flu Trends.
If you're considering getting a flu shot, here are some places in and near Melrose that offer the vaccine:
- CVS Pharmacy, 107 Main St., Stoneham, 781-484-1476
- Walgreens, 225 Main St., Stoneham, 781-438-9238
- CVS Pharmacy, 516 Main St., Melrose, 781-665-7107
- Green Street Pharmacy, 35 Green St., Melrose, 781-665-0022
- Rite Aid Pharmacy, 884 Main St., Melrose, 781-665-0613
- Walgreens, 897 Main St., Melrose, 781-665-1329
According to this week's CDC Flu activity report, influenza levels are on the increase across the country.
Five states—Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee—are reporting flu rates not normally seen until January, according to the Centers for Disease Control. The flu season normally peaks in January and February.
Holiday travel and more time spent indoors due to soggy weather will contribute to the spread of the flu virus, so now is the time to get vaccinated.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the following information: