Welcome to 2013! Here's a handy list of what's open (and closed) during New Year Day.
While restaurants will be open, government offices will be closed and the T will continue to run on a Sunday schedule.
- Retail stores: Open at owner's discretion.
- Supermarkets and liquor stores: Most open.
- Convenience stores: Most open.
- Bars and restaurants: Most open.
- Stock market: Closed.
- Municipal offices: Closed.
- Banks: Closed.
- Libraries: Closed.
- Schools: Closed.
- Post office: Closed.
- MBTA: Operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Trash/Recycling: "Trash will be delayed by a day, so if Wednesday is your regular trash day, don't put it out till Thursday. Red recycle week," according to a tweet by @CityofMelrose.