What's Open, Closed on Labor Day
Restaurants and supermarkets will be open on the holiday.
Labor Day is observed on Monday, Sept. 3. Here's a list of what's open (and closed) during the holiday:
- Retail stores: Open.
- Supermarkets, liquor stores and convenience stores: Open.
- Bars and restaurants: Open.
- Stock market: Closed.
- Municipal, state, federal offices and banks: Closed.
- Libraries and schools: Closed.
- Post office: Closed.
- MBTA: Operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Trash/Recycling: Not affected in the Back Bay.
Here are some Melrose businesses that let us know they will be open on Labor Day:
- Coffee Tea and Me will be open regular hours, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Possessions Gallery will be open from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Receive a 20 percent discount (Labor Day only) by mentioning Melrose Patch.
- CruiseOne Melrose will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Beacon Hill Wine & Gourmet is open for regular business hours on Monday (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
- Alfredo's Italian Kitchen will be open regular hours (11 a.m. to 10 p.m.). Receive $2 off any large specialty pizza (Labor Day only).