Whiz Kids: 2012 National Spanish Examination Aces
One Melrose High student received a bronze medal, and four received honorable mention.
Melrose Patch Whiz Kids of the Week: Emily Conn, Risa Baba, Mary Madigan, Alyssa Morrison, and Olivia Pfeiffer
- School: Melrose High School
- Accomplishment: Conn received a bronze medal for her excellent score on the 2012 National Spanish Examination, and Baba, Madigan, Morrison and Pfeiffer received honorable mention.
- How they did it: Nearly 100 Melrose High School students took the exam this year, which is given each year in grades six through 12 and sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese. Students have a history of scoring well, according to Kimberly Talbot, of the school's foreign language department, and were taught by Ms. Rodas, Mr. Bondanza, Ms. Dagger-Cain, Ms. Enright and Ms. Talbot.
Nominate a Whiz Kid!
Melrose Patch wants suggestions from readers for individual kids, youth groups, teens, and even sports teams that wow us with their accomplishments. Submit your nomination by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include all of the following information:
- Nominator's Name
- Nominator's E-Mail
- Whiz Kid's Name
- Whiz Kid's Age
- Whiz Kid's School
- Whiz Kid's Accomplishment
- An explanation of the accomplishment (approximately 150-300 words).
- A photo, if available.