Invite a friend
Baby, It's Cold Outside!
The Fuel Assistance program helps low-income households pay a portion of the cost of heat (oil, electric, gas) and rent, if heat is included in the rent.
On Wed., Dec. 12th and Wed., Jan., 9th from 9:00 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. in the Wellness Room of the Milano Senior Center, first-time applicants can sign up for Fuel Assistance. We are pleased to be working with Tri-Cap to bring this convenience to Melrose.
Appointments are required and may be made by calling Tri-Cap at 781-322-6284.
More About Milano Senior Center
The historic Milano Senior Center was built as a carriage house in 1897 as part of The Beebe Estate. Renovated and expanded, it reopened as the Milano Senior Center in 1995 under the direction of the Melrose Council on Aging.
Each month, approximately 750-900 senior citizens attend the many social, recreational, health and educational programs offered at the center. Some of the more than 25 regular programs include weekday lunches, Tai Chi and yoga classes, arts and crafts, board and card games, line dancing and aerobics classes, writing classes, and support groups.
Other events here
- Chronic Pain Workshop Weekly on Mondays, 9:30 am
- ZUMBA Weekly on Mondays, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Art Class Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Art Class: Watercolors with Brother Ed Rice Weekly on Fridays, 9:30 am–11:30 am
- Art Demonstration Wed, Jun 5, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Visit with Representative Paul Brodeur Monthly, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm