1. Clear skies: Thursday will be sunny with clear skies, highs in the upper 70s.
2. This day in Melrose history: Aug. 15, 1895 - a serious fire destroys a stable and causes nearly $275,000 in damages when adjusted for inflation.
3. Gooch Park Neighborhood Night Out: Check out the children’s activities, face painting, a bouncy house and free slush from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday night at Gooch Park.
4. Farmers Market today: The Melrose Farmers’ Market will be held from 1 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Bowden Park. Enjoy it while you can, as the program runs every Thursday through Oct. 26.
5. School supply drive: Edwards Jones Investments is still holding its annual school supply collection program at 502 Main Street this summer - check out our story for more information on how you can help as the school year approaches.