1) Oh such a perfect day: ... for an outdoor high school graduation. Sunny, with a high near 70. East wind between 9 and 13 mph. Tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southeast wind between 7 and 9 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) It is unimaginably hard to do this—to stay conscious and alive in the adult world, day in and day out. Which means yet another grand cliche turns out to be true: Your education really is the job of a lifetime. And it commences ... now. I wish you way more than luck: The Melrose High School Class of 2012 graduates tonight at 6 p.m. on Fred Green Field, and the previous quote and link is my gift to you graduates. It's 22-minutes of the greatest commencement speech—often entertaining, always illuminating—worth listening to.
3) Where you gonna run to? If you're looking for something to do this weekend, don't forget to check out picks for Saturday and Sunday in .
4) The headline still rules the editor's a fool: Ain't that the truth. There must be some common ground, and it's tonight from 7-10 p.m., as the for teens in grades 6-9. There's a $3 fee for entry.
5) By old Friday evening we're free: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Friday on Melrose Patch:
- : Our roundup of open houses for the upcoming weekend runs at 8 a.m. Realtors, you can add a photo or video of an open house you're hosting to the gallery!
- Best Of Patch Readers' Choice Results: Fridays at noon, we'll announce the winner of the weekly Best Of Patch Readers' Choice contest.