1) You know the summer's coming soon: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming southeast between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Tonight, a chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2 a.m., then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. West wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Hanging around Broadway and I think I saw your face: Devin McCall (pictured), Melrose High School senior and winner of Polymnia’s “Spotlight on High School Talent” contest, will sing with the choral group at its Under the baton of Music Director Murray Kidd, Polymnia will present “A Salute to Broadway.” Music will include a wide variety of songs from composers such as Rogers and Hammerstein, Stephen Sondheim, and “Fats” Waller.
3) Jazzer, drop your axe, it's jazz police: Joe Mulholland, a long-time Melrose resident, will be kicking off his fourth album, "Unspoken," at Corinthian Hall tonight from 8-10 p.m. The quartet on the CD and at the concert includes Joe Mulholland, piano; Bob Nieske, bass; Bob Tamagni, drums and Allan Chase, saxophone. Tickets can be purchased at the door: $20 for admission plus CD, $10 for admission only.
5) By old Friday evening we're free: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Friday on Melrose Patch:
- : Our roundup of open houses for the upcoming weekend runs at 8 a.m. Realtors, you can add a photo or video of an open house you're hosting to the gallery!