1) Just the smell on the summer can make me fall in love: Mostly sunny today with a high near 85. West wind between 10 and 13 mph. Tonight, patchy fog after 4 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Southwest wind between 5 and 9 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) I love to laugh, loud and long and clear: Laughter is infectious, inspires hope and lightens your burdens. It also strengthens our immune system and is a powerful antidote to stress, pain and conflict. Join the . Presented by Hallmark VNA and Hospice—call 781-662-6886 to make a reservation.
3) Come we go down to Kingston market: The Melrose Sally Frank's Farmers' Market is at Bowden/Cedar Park.
4) My mic sound nice: Every Thursday night is Host Mike Walsh plays a set at 7:30 p.m., followed by open mic players. All you have to do is bring your instruments. Sign ups start at 7 p.m.
5) Like a summer thursday: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Thursday on Melrose Patch:
- : Find out if you have new neighbors. Our roundup of five home sales in Melrose this past week posts at noon—Realtors, add your own recent sales to our gallery!
- : Each week, we highlight a Melrose kid (or kids) who has been nominated for some recognition.