The first snowstorm of the season will hit the area on Saturday and into Sunday.
A winter storm watch will be in effect from Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning. Heavy snowfall is expected Saturday night and into Sunday.
The snow will mix with sleet and freezing rain and forecasters are predicting the snowfall will be topped with ice.
The National Weather Servicewarns that roads will become dangerous late Saturday as the snow picks up. Sleet and freezing rain may also make the roads slick.
How much snow are we getting? Here are the latest predictions by multiple news sources as of 8 a.m. Friday:
- National Weather Service – 8 to 10 inches
- Channel 4 – 6 to 10 inches
- Channel 5 – 6 to 12 inches
- Channel 7 – 9 to 12 inches
- Channel 25 – 6 to 10 inches