The 33rd annual Victorian Fair is currently set for 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8 along Main Street, according to the Melrose Chamber of Commerce website.
The family-friendly event features musical performances by local artists, demonstrations, rides and food and drink for sale by vendors. Many Melrose area organizations and businesses will also be participated at the fair.
Big Ticket Raffle Items
There are 18 big ticket items that will be raffled off during the fair, ranging in value from $100 to $1,475, according to the chamber's website. Some of the raffle items include:
- A 3’7” x 5’6” Fine Persian Nain with silk rug hand knotted in Iran donated by Melrose Oriental Rug (Valued at $1,475)
- A pink and green tourmaline necklace with diamonds set in 14 carat white gold donated by Perella Jewelers (Valued at $1,200)
- A framed print donated by Miter Biter Frame Company (Valued at $500)
- A Gift Certiﬁcate for New Tires donated by Montvale Tire (Valued at $500)
- An Apple iPad donated by Rockland Trust (Valued at $500)
One of the newest members to the Chamber of Commerce, Millions of Muscle Fitness, will be participating at the fair. Millions of Muscles will be having a grand opening party on Sept. 28 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 645 Main St., while the business officially opens its doors to customers on Oct. 7. Find out more about the new fitness business coming to the city here.
Here's a look at the Melrose area businesses that have signed on to be sponsors of the fair, according to the chamber website:
Signature: Hallmark Health System
Diamond: Doctors Express, Eastern Bank, Whole Foods, and TD Bank
Gold: Melrose Cooperative Bank, and Promotional Solutions
Silver: Bodyography, East Boston Savings Bank, Metro Credit Union, Melrose Free Press, and Northern Bank and Trust Company
Bronze: Stearns and Hill's Bistro
What Happens if the Weather is Bad the Day of the Fair?
If inclement weather occurs on Sept. 8, the fair will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 15, according to a chamber newsletter.
Will you be attending the Victorian Fair in Melrose? If so, what are you looking forward to the most at the fair? Let us know by posting a comment in the comments section below.