Here are five things to know for Monday, Dec. 31:
1. New Year's: Monday is New Year's Eve and New Year's Day is coming soon. Find out what places are open and closed on New Year's Day in Melrose.
3. Commuting info: Need gas prices and traffic updates before leaving Melrose for work? Check out our Commute section.
4. Local images: Have you snapped some awesome photos in Melrose that you'd like to share with our readers? Upload them to our Pics & Clips section, and don't forget to provide the photographer's name and a full-sentence caption.
5. Zumba: If you like Zumba, check out these $4 sessions held at 1:30 p.m. every Monday in the Milano Senior Center.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.