Here are five things to know for Wednesday, Oct. 31 in Melrose:
1. Holiday is here: Wednesday is Halloween and with that we want to know: What Halloween costume are you and/or your kids wearing out trick-or-treating? Let us know by posting a comment below.
2. Trick-or-treat time: The city of Melrose does not have specific hours set for trick-or-treating, according to town officials. However, the best time to trick-or-treat may be from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, but whatever time you head out be careful and mindful of drivers and other trick-or-treaters. It may help to carry a flashlight also.
3. Spooky pics: Planning on taking some Halloween photos of costumes, decorations and other ghoulish things? Upload them to this post to share with our readers!
4. Halloween hounds: Don't forget to vote for the pet with the best Halloween costume!
5. Just a reminder: The Melrose Chamber of Commerce's downtown trick-or-treating event was postponed from Wednesday to Friday due to Hurricane Sandy. The trick-or-treating is slated for 3:30-5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2.
Use Stoneham Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Follow Stoneham Patch on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.