Get Melrose Patch each morning in your inbox with our daily newsletter!
1) It looks like rain and it's been comin' on for hours: Showers today, mainly before 3 p.m. Patchy fog before 9 a.m. High near 48. South wind 6 to 13 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. Tonight, mostly clear, with a low around 29. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Deep beaneath the cover of another perfect wonder where it's so white as snow: A distinct lack of snow led to the cancellation of next week's Winter Festival at Mount Hood, but instead in the middle school gym there will be a Winter Fun Day on Thursday.
3) Dance the night away: Tonight is Teens for Paws Dance for teens 14 and up. Tickets are $10 at the door and admission includes a raffle for a $25 iTunes gift card. All proceeds benefit Protection of Animals in Wakefield Society, Inc. (PAWS).
4) I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man: Owners of local businesses get extra bonuses when they claim a listing. Find out what you get and learn how to claim a listing.
5) On a Friday: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Friday on Melrose Patch:
- House Hunt: Our roundup of open houses for the upcoming weekend runs at noon. Realtors, you can add a photo or video of an open house you're hosting to the gallery!
- Whiz Kids: Each week, we highlight a Melrose kid (or kids) who has been nominated for some recognition.
As always, check our calendar for the full slate of events—and add your own!