Today is Friday, Nov. 25—58 years ago today, "The Mousetrap," a murder-mystery written by the novelist and playwright Agatha Christie, opened in London and would go on to become the longest continuously running play in history—and here are Melrose's five fast facts for the day:
2) Dodgeball Red vs. Blue: Wow. That's intense. For a more family-friendly dodgeball game, report your team to the YMCA's Main Street gym by 1:30 p.m. today and check-in at the officials' table to join in the "." There's an adult division and youth division (3rd to 7th grade); each team must have at least six players; and families with out-of-town guests and friends in for Thanksgiving are invited and encouraged to register.
3) Half Off! If dodgeball isn't your style, work off those calories with a nice stroll around the .
4) Yummy: Here are today's specials around Melrose:
- : Soup—Spiced Pumpkin; Lunch—Thanksgiving Sandwich [Note: menu subject to change.] No dinner specials this week due to Thanksgiving holiday.
- Do you own a Melrose eatery? E-mail your daily specials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. and we'll include them in next morning's .
5) Friday—Horace, this is it: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Friday on Melrose Patch:
- Question: Each Friday, we ask for your picks and suggestions on varying topics for a column that runs the following Thursday.
- : Our roundup of open houses for the upcoming weekend is on hold as there aren't any open houses in Melrose this weekend. House Hunt will return next week.
- : Each week, we highlight a Melrose kid (or kids) who deserve some recognition for an accomplishment or deed. !
As always, check our calendar for the full slate of events—and add your own!