Get Melrose Patch each morning in your inbox with our daily newsletter!
1) No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead: A chance of showers, mainly before 8 a.m. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 53. West wind between 13 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. Tonight, rain likely, mainly after 4 a.m. Increasing clouds, with a low around 40. West wind at 9 mph becoming east. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Games, games, here's some games, games that want to get out: The city is holding an indoor Winter Fun Day today from 2-4 p.m. in the MVMMS gym for kids of all ages. There'll be a bounce house, games, activities, face painting, and lots of fun surprises.
3) Coming down the mountain: Today at 3 p.m., the MPL's Snack Pack group (for fourth and fifth graders) will meet to discuss Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin.
4) I've got this energy beneath my feet like something underground's going to come up and carry me: The Melrose Energy Commission will meet today at 7 p.m. in the Mayor's Conference Room.
- Sold: Find out if you have new neighbors. Our roundup of five home sales in Melrose this past week posts at noon—Realtors, add your own recent sales to our gallery!
- Patch Picks: Each week, we ask you for your top picks in a wide variety of categories. Check back at 3 p.m. for your answers.
As always, check our calendar for the full slate of events—and add your own!