Today is Tuesday, Dec. 27—79 years ago today, Radio City Music Hall opened in New York City—and here are Melrose's five fast facts for the day:
1) Cold day in the sun: Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 29. (Can I admit to writing this far in advance due to the holiday weekend? For a more up-to-date forecast, check with the National Weather Service.)
2) The final countdown (doo doo do do): Song still makes me think of Gob Bluth. The last week of the calendar year is always the sleepiest when it comes to local news, so we're going to spend the week counting down the most viewed articles on Melrose Patch this year. .
4) Input—more input! As we move into 2012, we here at Melrose Patch plan to continue experimenting and never standing pat. But, they relies on you—because as you know, Melrose Patch isn't an online newspaper, it's a community site, and don't have readers, we have users. Of course, that starts with the content we publish for you to take hold of, use and make your own, so send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Is there a weekly feature that you particularly love? One you could do without? Something you think we should try? Let us know!
- Freecycle Tuesdays: Five items available for free through the Melrose Freecycle group.
- : Every Tuesday at 3 p.m., we bring you five great kid- and family-friendly events taking place in the area over the next week.
- Police Log: I usually get the log on Mondays from the Melrose Police Department and bring you a recap on Tuesdays. Due to the holiday weekend, the police log will be coming one day later.
As always, check our calendar for the full slate of events—and add your own!