1) Well dark clouds are rollin' in: A slight chance of rain showers before 9 a.m., then a slight chance of rain showers after 3 p.m.. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tonight, a slight chance of showers before 9 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. North wind between 3 and 5 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Ah yeah, can you see Dems? Out on the porch. Potato wave: (Make me fries.) Democrats in Melrose will hold a to the Massachusetts Democratic Party’s 2012 nominating convention.
3) A walk in the woods will do: Join Friends of the Fells walk leader Boot Boutwell today at 9:15 a.m. in a as well as other easily recognizable plants of winter. Hike meets at the Long Pond parking lot.
5) We have so much time and so little to see—wait a minute! Strike that. Reverse it: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Wednesday on Melrose Patch:
- NEW DAY AND TIME—Poll of the Week: We'll run a poll every Wednesday asking you to weigh in with a quick click on the topic du jour. We'll compile the answers into an article next Tuesday.
- Get Out: Looking for something to do this weekend? Our roundup of stuff to do this weekend in Melrose now runs on Wednesdays at 3 p.m. (Giving you more time in advance of Thursday night events.)