1) There's a springtime ahead: Sunny, with a high near 53. Southwest wind between 10 and 14 mph. Tonight, mostly clear, with a low around 46. Southwest wind between 11 and 14 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Take a little sunshine, shine it all around: Mayor Rob Dolan and the Melrose YMCA are once again sponsoring Shine the Light, a special program, , about learning to prevent, detect, and respond to child sexual abuse. Attendance is free, but pre-registration is required—register online at http://www.melroseymca.org/shine/.
3) I'm a wife in watercolors: Melrose Arts is sponsoring its monthly Danvers watercolorist and teacher Karen Nastuk will demonstrate her technique in watercolor.
4) I know men are delicate origami creatures who need women to unfold them: The Milano Center is holding a Seniors can learn this beautiful art while making new friends and enjoying good conversation. The class is limited to 10, so sign up at the reception desk. Cost $2 per session. All materials will be provided.
5) It's not a perfect plan, but it's the one we've got: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Wednesday on Melrose Patch:
- Poll of the Week: We'll run a poll every Wednesday asking you to weigh in with a quick click on the topic du jour. We'll compile the answers into an article next Tuesday.
- Get Out: Looking for something to do this weekend? Our roundup of stuff to do this weekend in Melrose now runs on Wednesdays at 3 p.m. (Giving you more time in advance of Thursday night events.)