A look back at Melrose’s top stories of the week.
A car driven by an elderly Everett of the in Melrose on Tuesday afternoon, injuring three pharmacy employees.
After a man pulled over by a detective allegedly hit the detective and sped away in his car, he came to a stop on a home's lawn and by the Melrose Police K-9 unit hiding in the bushes at a Conrad Road home, according to Melrose Police Lt. Mark DeCroteau.
sent out a to residents in the area on Wednesday due to the discovery of what appeared to be heroin following a manhunt and subsequent arrest on Tuesday.
Up until recently, the Parker family of Fairmount Street in Melrose was like many New England clans: They kept problems close to home and faced challenges with little fanfare. This was no small feat, as Rick and Patty Parker are the parents of a severely disabled child. A new tells their story.
in a field of forty 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders to win this year’s Lincoln School Geography Bee. The contest, which is in its second year, was a spelling bee-style face off between the students who scored highest at their grade level on the National Geography Competition Test.
A resurrected ordinance that would checks of ice cream truck drivers that are licensed by the quietly died on Monday night.
The Melrose Board of Aldermen for next year as originally proposed on Monday night, after attempts to cut from the budget to lower the rate increases quickly went nowhere.
Melrose resident Joanne King was honored along with 31 other cancer survivors and Pan-Massachusetts Challenge cyclists as part of prior to Saturday night’s interleague showdown between theBoston Red Sox and Milwaukee Brewers. King and the other cyclists rode around the warning track in a pre-game ceremony to honor their commitment to raising money for cancer care and research.
Useful Information You Need To Know
Melrose Patch's regular features (and don't forget to start your day with ) are scheduled as follows:
Our family-friendly features:
- Our round-up of five great deals in the area runs Mondays at 8 a.m.
- Family-friendly events in and around Melrose, runs Tuesdays at 3 p.m.
- : The weekly conversation on the hot parenting topic of the day runs on Wednesdays at noon.
- Suggestions for moms' me-time runs on Wednesdays at 3 p.m.
- Our profile of awesome Melrose kids runs on Fridays at 3 p.m.
Our other regular features:
- : A photo gallery from recent Melrose events and happenings that runs Mondays at noon.
- Our popular mystery photo contest runs Mondays at 3 p.m.
- : Plan out your weekend with this compilation of events in the area that runs Thursdays at 11 a.m.
- Curious if you have new neighbors? Our round-up of the week's home sales runsThursdays at noon.
- , our round-up of open houses during the coming weekend, runs on Fridays at noon.
- , our round-up of our favorite Melrose Patch blog posts from the past week, runs Fridays at 1:30 p.m.
- , our round-up of what you may have missed from Melrose Patch on Twitter and Facebook, runs Saturdays at 3 p.m.
Read more news from Melrose Patch in our news archive. Don't forget to follow us—and converse with us—on Twitter and join the conversations on our Facebook Page. For those who don't tweet, our latest tweet always appears at the top of Melrose Patch.