Here is the job description provided by the city for the operations assistant position:
- Part-time, non-union, hourly, no benefits, $19.36 per hour. Schedule changes weekly and includes some nights and weekends.
- Under the general supervision of the operations manager, the assistant represents the operations manager to clients, provides on site customer service during events, maintains a professional, neat and friendly appearance at all times and performs various custodial duties of a routine nature in maintaining the building and grounds.
- Operations Assistant must be able to perform all physical requirements of the above responsibilities, including heavy lifting and moving of furniture. While performing this job the employee must climb stairs and ladders; enter confined spaces, operate power and hand tools and equipment. The employee is required to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb, stoop, crouch, twist, taste and smell. The employee is required to hear, feel and talk and speak English. The employee must have close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must have full use of hands, arms and legs. The employee is required to regularly lift heavy objects up to 60 pounds and carry these objects short distances. The employee must have the ability to work safely.
1. Equivalent to completion of four years of high school.
2. Previous custodial experience required including working knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing and heating repairs including light carpentry and outside grounds maintenance.
3. Demonstrated experience in providing customer service to co-workers and customers with tact, courtesy, sensitivity and discretion.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Ability to perform independently with defined instructions.
6. Dependable, reliable, punctual and flexible. Available for last minute calls for unexpected functions.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing Human Resources, 562 Main St., Melrose, MA 02176.