The polls are open today from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. for Election Day and the biennial city election. Check Melrose Patch later this morning for reports on turnout and later tonight for election results. For all Melrose residents planning to vote, here is what you need to know:
Who's on the ballot?
There's —in Ward 7:
- Ward 7 candidates Bill Forbes (incumbent) and Frank Murphy .
The remaining incumbent members of the Melrose Board of Aldermen and the three School Committee members up for re-election are running unopposed.
Melrose has seven wards and two precincts per ward—find out which ward and precinct you live in—and eight polling places. They are listed below and starred on the map on the right side of this page (scroll over each star with your cursor to see the address and Ward and Precinct):
- Precinct 1: Roosevelt School, Brunswick Park, 253 Vinton St. (enter at Brunswick Park)
- Precinct 2: Steele House, 1 Nason Dr.
- Precinct 1: Horace Mann School, 40 Damon Ave. (entrance at Damon St. rear)
- Precinct 2: Horace Mann School, 40 Damon Ave. (entrance at Damon St. rear)
- Precinct 1: Beebe School, 263 West Foster St.
- Precinct 2: Beebe School, 263 West Foster St.
- Precinct 1: City Hall, Aldermanic Chambers, 562 Main St.
- Precinct 2: Winthrop School, 162 First St., Melrose (enter on Ashcroft Road)
- Ward 5, Precinct 1: Lincoln School, 80 West Wyoming Ave.
- Ward 5, Precinct 2: Lincoln School, 80 West Wyoming Ave.
- Ward 6, Precinct 1: City Hall, Aldermanic Chambers, 562 Main St.
- Ward 6, Precinct 2: Winthrop School, 162 First St., Melrose (enter through Ashcroft Road)
- Ward 7, Precinct 1: Hoover School, 37 Glendower Rd. (enter through Echo Street)
- Ward 7, Precinct 2: Hoover School, 37 Glendower Rd. (enter through Echo Street)