Melrose Patch Whiz Kids of the Week: Seventh graders Dylan B., Connor A., Chloe S. and Matthew G.
- School: Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School
- Accomplishment: These students will receive awards from the Boston Society of Civil Engineers for their achievements in the West Point Bridge Design Contest, according to an announcement from the school.
- How they did it: During their technology education class, and with the help of their teacher, the group desgined the lowest cost bridge that followed the criteria of the contest. All the while, they learned about engineering.
Nominate a Whiz Kid!
Melrose Patch wants suggestions from readers for individual kids, youth groups, teens, and even sports teams that wow us with their accomplishments. Submit your nomination by e-mailing email@example.com. Be sure to include all of the following information:
- Nominator's Name
- Nominator's E-Mail
- Whiz Kid's Name
- Whiz Kid's Age
- Whiz Kid's School
- Whiz Kid's Accomplishment
- An explanation of the accomplishment (approximately 150-300 words).
- A photo, if available.