First Congregational Church, UCC
First Congregational Church officially organized and built a meetinghouse on West Foster Street in 1849, building a new church 20 years later. Almost 100 years later, on Thanksgiving Eve 1967, disaster struck again when the church burned. Services continued to be held at several locations, including Memorial Hall, until a new building was built - the distinct octagonal church that stands on West Foster Street today.
Today, the church runs a church school, two youth groups, a dynamic music program and an outreach ministry.
- Fax: (781) 665-8824
- Hours: Sunday Morning Worship and Church School (K - HS) at 10am
- Handicap Accessible: Wheelchair accessible, Hearing Assistance available
- Founding Date: Jul 11 1848
- What makes this community special?: We welcome you as you are, for who you are and for who can become. First Congregational Church is an Open and Affirming congregation in the United Church of Christ.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Congregational
- Congregation size: 400
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs