Mount Hood Golf Course
Mount Hood Golf Course, owned by the city and managed by Golf Management, was built in the 1930s and has since been upgraded to modern conditions. In the midst of the wooded 300-acre Mount Hood Memorial Park are the generous fairways, smallish greens and natural topography that make Mount Hood a legacy of the classic era of golf design. While the course is playable and rewarding to golfers of all abilities, 8 of 18 tees are dramatically elevated, allowing soaring tee shots as well as commanding views from Boston to New Hampshire.
- Fax: (781) 665-0057
- Hours: The course is open daily from sunrise to sunset.
- Handicap Accessible: Street level.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Senior, Student
- Membership info: Melrose Resident Full Membership: $1,400; Melrose Resident Junior Membership: $370; Non-Resident Full Membership: $2,120.
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Public/Private: Public
- Number of courses: 1
- Aggregate number of holes: 18
- Par: 69/74
- USGA rating: Blue: 67.1; White: 65.4; Red: 66.4.
- Facilities: Pro shop, Putting green, Restaurant
- Services: Golf carts, Group clinics, Kids' classes, Parties/banquets, Private instruction
- Tee settings: Men's, Women's, Youth
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets
- Casual attire: No