St. Mary of the Annunciation School
St. Mary of the Annunciation School just celebrated its centennial in the 2009 school year. The school, run by St. Mary's Parish, provides students from pre-kindergarten through 8th grade with a Catholic education and is the only parochial school in the city. Tuition fees vary by school year, so please visit the website for further information.
- Hours: Pre-school: Half-day, 8:10am - 11am; Full-day, 8:10am - 2:25pm. Kindergarten to Grade 3: 8:10am - 2:25pm. Grades 4 to 8: 8:10am - 2:30pm.
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Accreditation/licenses: New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Grade levels: Pre-K to Grade 8
- Extracurricular activities available: Student Council; yearbook; creative arts; Irish step dance; music lessons; 8th-grade trip to Washington, D.C.; 7th-grade trip to New York City; environmental camp, etc.
- Sports teams: Boys and girls basketball; grades 5 to 8
- Uniforms: Yes
- Student clubs: Drama Club